Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Our Audacity

It continually amazes me how we can so easily forget while blogging or speaking into cyberspace that real people, people who can be offended, hurt, confused or verbally maimed by our writing are online, reading our blog.

Flesh and blood people, people we know, those that we love and care deeply about are reading.

What is writing about? Is it to simply air our grievances, vent our rage, express our opinion or is it something more? Words can cut with the intention to heal or to hurt. Words can educate with the intent to lift up or to criticize.

I am not gifted at writing by any means, but I value writing because I am an avid reader. I read everything, yes, including that proverbial cereal box. I simply cannot help myself. However, as a reader, I know that I am seeking solace, not condemnation, education, not sarcasm about my obvious ignorance, and genuine sincerity that I can relate to, not hidden hypocrisy that makes me feel as though only the favored live Godly problem-free lives.

Let us be so careful when we put "pen to paper" so to speak. Frail people with real needs may be reading.

Just my thoughts.

3 comments:

  1. Wow. What incredible words you have written. Perhaps you should be the writer instead of me! :)

    Do you mind if I put a link to this on my blog? The truth in your words need to be out there, especially for those of us who write words as our primary medium of ministry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind at all. You're a wonderful friend. Thanks for the encouragement. How do I link you to mine?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin,
    Don't sell yourself short. You're not "just" a wife and mother. And your words carry a ring of truth. Glad to see you've joined the blog-o-sphere. Welcome.

    ReplyDelete