Thursday, April 16, 2009

Psalm 45:10


"Listen, O daughter,"



Am I listening?

When the still, small voice of my Lord is speaking, am I listening?

When He speaks through my husband, my children, you, my dear friend, am I listening?


"Consider and incline your ear"


Am I leaning forward, eagerly hoping to hear something that will turn me away from my present path?

Am I thankful, grateful, happy to hear the words that sometimes grate, jar, sting?

It has always been the duty and privilege of the church to be listening and attentive to the Lord.

Eagerly leaning forward, as we do sometimes when we go to hear a famous speaker or when we attend a wonderful production and we don't want to miss a word.

Today I want to listen.


Are you listening, O daughter?

2 comments:

  1. Robin, I am reading a book on "He Speaks to Me" by Priscilla Shirer. It is about discerning the word of God. You may enjoy it.

    I am praying for you and for Carlos.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mama,
    The Lord is speaking to me through you. especially about the part about wanting to hear something from the Word even if it might sting, or convict.
    Thank You,
    Drew

    ReplyDelete