Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Garden Update #1


Just wanted to update my garden news!

What is it about putting a seed or plant into the ground and watching it grow that is so exciting!

Especially when you begin to see it produce something.








Does the Lord feel that same excitement when we begin to sprout, to grow and then to produce fruit that glorifies Him?






My first pepper and tomato!
My squash is blossoming!




We put more mulch on the beds and more compost tea. The rain has been more than abundant and the humidity is fierce.


We have also reached 217 in our egg count.

Any customers?




Don't forget to check out From Seeds to Harvest to see what everyone else is doing in their gardens!


3 comments:

  1. I wish I lived close to you, I'd buy your eggs! We are on a "cycle" with these old country people. They call us when they have eggs and it's our "turn". Whatever that means LOL. I buy all she has, usually 5-7 dozen at a time. We eat a lot of eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband SO wants to do raised bed gardening. I'm a little put off by the investment in materials, though.

    Yours are beautiful and it's exciting to already see things starting to flower and fruit in your garden.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful garden. It's always great to see the new growth as everything begins to flower and bud.

    ReplyDelete