Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I Will Seek You in the Morning



Before I begin let me first add a disclaimer.

My intent is not to condemn, frustrate, belittle, smack, judge or intimidate anyone who does their devotional time differently than I do.


There! Now I can share fearlessly and unashamedly. :)

Oh, God, You are my God and I will ever praise You!

I will seek You in the morning and I will learn to walk in Your ways

And step by step You'll lead me

And I will follow You all of my days.


I do my devotions in the morning. If I don't, I don't get to have them. Too much crowding of home duties, of business, of Life happening.

I also find that if I don't spend time with the Lord first, I simply don't have much to share that is not stale. Like serving the leftovers from dinner at breakfast the next morning. Yuck!

My family however, does not do devotionals together at breakfast time. When we worship together it is in the evening when things are winding down. I'd love to have time during breakfast, but that is not where we are right now. Perhaps someday that might happen, but not now.

I used to envy other households that had that idyllic time of feeding on the Word before hitting the dusty trail of Daily Duties. Now I understand a little better that God wants all of us all of the time.

It's not about a schedule; it's about a relationship.

It's not about condemnation; it's about unity.

I can get into that!


Ephesians 4:13
...until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment