Tuesday, January 6, 2009

God is Light and in Him is No Darkness at All


I was looking at the fact that "God is light and in Him is no darkness at all" and cross-referenced to I Timothy 6:15-16.

"...King of king and Lord of lords, who alone has immortality, dwelling in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see, to whom be honor and everlasting power. Amen."

Unapproachable light!

This word light in I Tim. is the same Greek word for light in I John.

We are told to "walk in the light as He Himself is in the light" and then we will have fellowship with one another.

For me, the hope I find is that because we have been told to do this, we CAN do this very thing.

To walk in the light is to walk in truth. To capture the "little foxes that spoil the vine". To uncover and share with one another those "seeds of doubt" that the enemy loves to whisper in our ears to cause us to question God's love and the love we have with the brethren.

We have all heard so many sermons on "walking in the light", and it is a deep well to search out, but it is also simply put by John.

If I get up in the middle of the night and don't turn on the light, chances are I may stumble into something. When I turn on even a tiny nightlight, suddenly I am safe from falling or hurting myself.

And if I "walk in the light as He Himself is in the light" I won't stumble around and hurt anyone else!

Have a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment