Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Town Mouse, Country Mouse Take Two

The Lord, does not slumber not does He sleep. He has seen our affliction and He is binding up our wounds.

Well, the leap of faith has officially begun this week. My husband has made the decision that we will be living at the farm and just traveling in to town for spending time with extended family and for church events.

This may sound strange to some of you.

Of course you would live at home and just go into town for certain events, but we have been living an unusual life for quite some time now.




I shared my Town Mouse, Country Mouse post a while back but to sum it up we have been dividing our weeks in half between our house in town and our house in the country. Needless to say, it has been quite stressful, but still good.



In the last month or so, however, it has been increasingly difficult to manage. It truly is like a small move or a short vacation every week.


In short, we can't keep up this pace any longer.


This, by the way, is what we look like each week. :)



The organization that it takes has nearly thrown me into a panic and we are literally losing things are a weekly basis. I have just kept saying to myself that if I could just find the right notebook, organizational tool, chart, gadget, calendar, etc. that everything would be fine. Hahahahahahahaha! (Yes, that is hysterical laughter!)



And, of course, I want to be a submissive gentle wife who follows her husband's lead.


He has a plan to prosper us, not to harm us, a plan to give us a hope and a future!


My husband has been seeing this coming for quite some time, but finally brought the whole things to a head a week or so ago.

Least you think that we have lost our minds completely I want to share that we have already seen this decision confirmed through friends and family almost before we shared our thoughts and ideas.

I am truly thankful for what is happening, but I would ask continued prayer as we sort belongings, add small bits of storage space here, (The house in the country is 1200 sq ft. It really wasn't initially designed for permanent living out here. You'd have to see it to understand.), and for the Lord to show me how to organize better my time to be able to serve Him in this new lifestyle.

Also, please pray for the use of the cabin which we call Restoration House. We are beginning to have people call to use it on a ministry basis (for couples to get away, for prayer retreats, etc.). We want to be used by the Lord in this capacity and we want to be generous with what we have been given.

Thank you for your prayers for us! I love you dearly!

No comments:

Post a Comment