Monday, September 7, 2009

The Pledge


I've taken a pledge!

Boy, this one is really scary to me!

I've made a promise not to buy anything new to wear for two months.

Is this scary because I love to go clothes shopping?

No.

This is scary to me because I'm taking a pledge to allow myself to be creative and to even make a bunch of mistakes.

Oh, how I hate making mistakes.

Oh, my pride!

I'm going to strike it a (hopefully) fatal blow.

I will be posting the things that I try to make. You may get to see some really ridiculous things here for a while, but here I go.

My husband has been hoping for this for a long time. He thinks that I may have a creative streak in me.

I surely hope he's right....


I __________________ pledge that I shall abstain from the purchase of "new" manufactured items of clothing, for the period of 2 / 4 / 6 months. I pledge that i shall refashion, renovate, recycle preloved items for myself with my own hands in fabric, yarn or other medium for the term of my contract. I pledge that I will share the love and post a photo of my refashioned, renovoted, recycled, crafted or created item of clothing on the Wardrobe Refashion blog, so that others may share the joy that thy thriftiness brings! Signed__________________.

(Disclaimer: I have not personally viewed every entry on this site. Please view with discretion.)











1 comment:

  1. You are extremely creative! I have great faith that you will come up with some amazing things!

    ReplyDelete